If you are looking for a speaker that has great quality sound, it is usually Bose that you can count on. The Bose SoundDock Series II can be a great speaker for you. Bose is an American Company in the consumer Electronics Company founded in 1964 by Amar Bose. Its major products include loudspeakers, headphones, car audio equipment among other products they are well known for. As a company who specializes in audio equipment, they are one of the trusted brands when it comes to quality speakers.
The Bose SoundDock Series II speaker is said to be a great speaker for your living room or bedroom. The updated Series II version comes with a new sleeker styling than the first version. It works with iPhone and iPod models. When the device is docked on the speaker, it also charger the phone even while playing. One of the best features is the digital signal processing circuit which gives you finer control for your music.
Size (LWH): 6.5 x 11.9 x 6.6 inches
Weight: 4.6 pounds
Shipping Weight: 7.8 pounds
Color Schemes: Black, Green, Orange, Silver, Limited Edition White
Connectivity: Standard 3.5mm audio input, Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter dock
Power Source Type: AC
Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
- Remote Control allows skipping playlists – most remote controls of Bose speakers can only skip songs, go back 1 or 2 songs but this device can let you skip playlists. Since there is no Bluetooth connection you can use pump up the volume, change songs with the use of a remote. Remote is infrared so you have to point it to the speaker to change volume or song.
- Quality Sound – Bose has always been the benchmark in quality sound. The wide speaker size and range emits quality sound that can feel the room. The sound is really awesome on this speaker. Even in your backyard or garden, sound is still crisp and clear. It emits incredibly detailed clean sound.
- Very powerful bass definition – Unlike any other speakers in this range, this is by far one of the best bass definitions you can get on the market. You will certainly hear that extra thump in the low registers.
- Sound Dock Portable – If you want to take it with you on a trip you can convert it to a sound dock portable.
- Sleek Classic Design – The classic design is always a thing of Bose. The build is of quality material. It looks good on the living room or on a kitchen.
- Power cord – Placement of the transformer is in the middle of the cord which should have been better if it was integrated in the unit itself.
- Connectivity – Connectivity is limited. You can only connect compatible Apple device attached to the dock itself. Or you can use it as a speaker for your computer and other MP3 players using the jack at the back. But this functionality is hardly ever used. There is no Bluetooth or NFC capability for easier connection.
- No batteries – Aside from the power cord, there is also no batteries for you to use portably. You cannot take it to a place where you cannot plug for power. Although power requirements range from 100-240VAC it still would be better if you can play music on the speaker unplugged.
Who should buy it? This is recommended for music lovers who have an Apple device. This is best for Apple iPhones and iPods. If you are going to connect your iPad to this device, it will cover a great deal of the speaker area which can affect the loudness of sound output.
This is also recommended for people who would want to keep it in a room instead of taking it outside. Although sound quality would also sound great in your pool area or your garden, you still need it plugged to function so it is best that you keep it inside the room. It is not advisable to move it around. But you can also take it with you in your trips. Just don’t forget the powercord!
It is also recommended for people who are all about the bass. This is by far, the best speaker of its size that can deliver great bass sound.
Bose always promises to deliver great sound quality. After all they are BOSE. It is a great buy for people who consider a compact speaker which is permanently placed on the living room because of its power requirement. It easily fills a room with quality crisp sound. Treble and bass is intelligible. Highs, lows and mids are of exceptional quality. Connectivity can be the next improvement on the SoundDock series. Bose should add a Bluetooth connectivity so that it won’t be an exclusive apple device speaker or they can design a dock which can accommodate a 7 inch tablet like an iPad mini.
You can never dream of a better quality sound than that of Bose SoundDock Series II. Although it is not a perfect speaker because of its minimum functionalities, it is a great buy for its great sound quality.